Identity Restoration … Getting Your Life Back
Upon detection or notification of suspicious identity related activity, our team will immediately work with the impacted
customer to determine if the activity is fraudulent. Upon determination of fraudulent activity, we will appoint a restoration
specialist certified by the ICFE (Institute of Consumer Financial Education) who will take the following steps:
- Contact the affected institutions via our ID Network to instantly halt the fraudulent transaction(s).
- Obtain a limited power of attorney from customer to allow the restoration specialist to work on the customer’s behalf.
- Place fraud alerts on the customer’s credit files with the three major credit bureaus to prevent further damage.
- Review the customer’s identity and credit report to look for other potential fraud. Research and investigate potential damage to customer’s identit and make best efforts to restore the customer’s identity to pre-event status.
- File a Police Report with the proper law enforcement authorities.
- Dispute and/or communicate with the negatively affected financial institutions, creditors, the three major credit bureaus, collection agencies, utilit companies, healthcare/insurance providers, the IRS, law enforcement, court representatives, and others as needed.
- Create and maintain a case file to document the ID theft event. This case file is important to establish the facts surrounding the ID theft event and to establish the customer’s rights as a victim. This case file may include contact information for the customer, details of the case as provided by the customer, notes from contacts made on behalf of the customer, responses from entities involved in the cases, and pertinent documentation, including an IDTheft Affidavit, Affidavit of Forgery, Limited Power of Attorney Authorization, Police Report and other applicable documents as required by individual circumstances.
- Help customer identify whether or not there are grounds to file an ID Theft Insurance claim. Assist customer in filing claim with insurance underwriter when applicable.
- When fraudulent use of a social security number has occurred, especially in the event of employment fraud, provide assistance with obtaining and reviewing the customer’s Social Security Personal Earnings and Benefits Statement.
- Other assistance required that we might reasonably be able to offer customers on a case-by-case basis.
Identity Theft Insurance
Create and maintain a case file to document the ID theft event. This case file is important to establish the facts surrounding the ID theft event and to establish the customer’s rights as a victim. This case file may include contact information for the customer, details of the case as provided by the customer, notes from contacts made on behalf of the customer, responses from entities involved in the cases, and pertinent documentation, including an IDTheft Affidavit, Affidavit of Forgery, Limited Power of Attorney Authorization, Police Report and other applicable documents as required by individual circumstances.
The Identity Theft Insurance covers customers up to $500 per week of lost wages for a maximum of four weeks. Customers are reimbursed for actual wages lost for time reasonably taken off work as a result of efforts to amend or rectify personal records, true name or identity as a result of identity theft.
The policy covers reasonable and necessary fees and expenses incurred by customers in defending a civil suit brought against members for non-payment of goods or services or default of a loan or removing any civil judgment wrongfully entered against them as a result of the stolen identity event.
The policy will also reimburse the customer for reasonable and necessary cost incurred for re-filing applications for loans or other credit instruments that are rejected solely as a result of stolen identity event, cost of notarizing affidavits and other document long distance phone calls, postage and up to six credit reports.
The resource center provides members with the knowledge and resources to protect themselves and their family from identity theft. Resources include helpful contact information to various government and private entities as well as current news and alerts .
Monthly Identity Monitoring
Identity theft can inflict financial damage for months or even years before detection occurs. Our cutting edge ID Monitoring solution leverages the nation’s largest fraud and transaction network to provide customers with the earliest possible detection of identity theft. Upon account activation, we will analyze the customer’s profile against a database of over 650 billion data points, to provide an individual identity risk analysis, report and risk score. As long as customers are enrolled in the program, we monitor their identity elements such as name, address, Social Security number, date of birth and phone number.
Upon account activation customers will be provided with an initial Identity Score. Additionally, customers will be provided with an updated Identity Score, every subsequent month. The identity score is a statistically generated score ranging from 1-999 that describes the customer’s overall identity theft risk. Your ID Risk Score The identity score protects consumer from identity theft by leveraging the same identity theft technology relied upon • InviffO. _ 101.scen ID Risk Levet IM by leading telecommunications, financial services, retail .0 200 300 400 600 600 700 SOO .00 271 LOW companies, healthcare providers, and government agencies. In addition to a specific ID Score, customers will receive a qualitative assessment (Low, Moderate, or High).
Upon enrollment, and each month thereafter, customers will receive a report detailing all the activity associated with their account The identity report details the positive and negative driversof the identity score and all activity associated with the customer’s identity.
Real-Time Identity Monitoring with Alerts
Identity theft can inflict financial damage for months or even years before detection occurs. Our cutting edge ID Monitoring solution leverages the nation’s largest fraud and transaction database to detect ID theft within seconds of occurrence, often weeks before detection by traditional solutions.
Upon account activation, we will analyze the customer’s profile against a database of over 650 billion data points, to provide an individual identity risk analysis, report and risk score. On an ongoing basis, customers will be provided with active real-time monitoring and will receive instant email alerts in the event new activity occurs in their identity profile. Upon receipt of email alerts, customers are instructed to login to their account to view the updated identity report and determine if fraud may have occurred. Data monitored includes:
- Credit Card Accounts
- Wireless Accounts
- Mortgage Accounts
- Auto Loans
- Payday Loans
- Change of Address Records
- Utility Accounts
- Healthcare Accounts
Antivirus Antispyware Software
The U.S. Homeland Security Department recommends the use of Antivirus and Antispyware software to protect you and your family from online identity theft. This is why we provide customers with best-in-class Antivirus and Internet Security Software. Customers can download all computer protection software from the Computer Protection section of the IdentaSafe IdentityTheft Website.
Protects against viruses and other malware with industry leading technology.
Class I antispyware software blocks concealed programs that track a customer’s online and offline activity including password stealers, trojans, worms, keystroke loggers, and other malware.
Blocks webpages that attempt to steal your credit card data and personal information.
Stops unwanted mail from reaching your inbox.
Automatically secures your internet connection and helps prevent outsiders from accessing your Wi-Fi Network.
Software is automatically updated to ensure that customers are protected from new viruses and online threats.
Other Computer Protection
Optimizes computer performance by removing unnecessary files and registry entries.
Encrypts and keeps your instant messenger conversations protected and private.
Digital File Vault
Locks up confidential files in an encrypted vaults.
Digital File Shredder
Ensures that identity thieves cannot recover deleted identity data from your computer.